Detailed below is a brief outline of the facilities available on the Neighbourhood Alert system, the details we will require and how we use your details. We will not pass your details onto any third party without express permission and you will not be sent messages or contacted without consent.
- Initial registration: Gain access to a second tier of navigation, report intelligence to both ourselves and your local police force confidentially and securely and monitor responses to your reports.
- Join a `Virtual` scheme: Join an existing online scheme, make contact with the scheme owner, discuss issues securely online with your neighbours and review crime data for the scheme area.
- Create your own `Virtual scheme`: Define a simple area that you are particularly interested in and choose whether (or not) to allow other registered people to see your scheme and apply to join it. Once you have defined an area you will be able to review crime stats for that area and discuss local matters with members of your virtual scheme.
- Request `Neighbourhood Alerts`: The Neighbourhood Alert system is a system used by police forces, local councils, the fire service and Neighbourhood Watch personnel to send crime alerts, information and community safety messages by text, email or automated voice system. All messages are provided without charge to you.
- Review local Neighbourhood Watch alerts: You will be able to review intelligence reports that other Neighbourhood Watch members have posted to the system that are relevant to your area.
You will be asked for various personal details. If you choose to receive alerts you will be asked to detail when you would like to receive them and how. The more information you give, the better we will be able to provide you with relevant and up to date information. We will verify your email address by sending a message to you.
Data controllers and access:
Your details will be available to the `Site Administrators` who are: Neighbourhood Watch (NW) as defined by the Home office recommended structure for the UK and VISAV Limited.
VISAV Limited, the provider of this website, has access to all information submitted to the site, and as such, acknowledges that it may not use any personal information that you provide for any purpose other than in order to support the website. Each Site Administrator and any Licenced Information Provider that you may subscribe to via this system in the future has signed an Information provider Licence and has a nominated Data Controller registered with the Information Commissioners Office in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. VISAV Limited act as Data Processors on behalf of The Site Administrators and Information Providers.
VISAV Limited will, on behalf of the Site Administrators and Information Providers, lawfully and securely administrate all personal details submitted to this website. It will not divulge any personal details that you provide to any of its partners or any other body or individual without your permission, unless it is essential to do so for the purpose of detecting or preventing crime, or if this is in the interests of public safety.
Your permission to share your data with each Information Provider can be given and withdrawn by calling VISAV Limited on 0115 924 5517, emailing email@example.com or instantly by ticking/un-ticking the Information Providers name in your message settings area.
How we will use your details:
- The prevention and increased detection of crime and reduction of fear of crime.
- Manage and maintain a secure database and mailing list.
- Send Neighbourhood Alert community safety messages and communications at the times you specify. Provide information about the NW activities, meetings and events.
Not to be disclosed:
The Site Administrators have undertaken to keep all personal details held by them securely and not to provide these details to any unauthorised individuals. The Site Administrators will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information that you share from unauthorised access or disclosure.
Virtual scheme discussion areas:
While the administrators and moderators of this website will remove any objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is not possible to review every message. If you should see material that you find unacceptable, please contact the administrator via this link firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual scheme discussion area posting conditions:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually oriented or any other material that may contravene any laws or is likely to cause offence or distress to other users. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from this system. You agree that the administrator and moderators of this website have the right to remove, or close any topic/message at any time should they see fit. The IP address of all messages is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. Any unlawful breach of use of the website may result in legal action being taken against you.
We may make occasional changes to this policy. We will advise you of any changes made by updating the ‘Last Updated’ section below. By using this site after the date of any changes, you are agreeing to those changes.
Last Updated: May 2016