Detailed below is a brief outline of the facilities available on the Neighbourhood Alert system, the details we will require and exactly what we will do with your details. Please be assured that we will not pass your details onto any third party without express permission and you will not be sent messages or contacted if you do not want to be.
If you register with this website the following facilities will be available for you:
- Initial registration: Gain access to a second tier of navigation, report intelligence to both ourselves and Nottinghamshire Police confidentially and securely and monitor responses to your reports.
- Join a `Virtual` scheme: Join an existing online scheme, make contact with the scheme owner, discuss issues securely online with your neighbours and review crime data for the scheme area.
- Create your own `Virtual scheme`: Define a simple area that you are particularly interested in and choose whether (or not) to allow other registered people to see your scheme and apply to join it. Once you have defined an area you will be able to review crime stats for that area and discuss local matters with members of your virtual scheme.
- Request `Neighbourhood Alerts`: The Neighbourhood Alert system is a pioneering system used in the Nottingham City areas for enabling Nottinghamshire Police, Nottingham City Council, The Fire Service and Neighbourhood Watch personnel to send Crime alerts, information and community safety messages. The messages can be sent by Text message, email or even by an automated voice system that will dial your telephone. You are able to decide when and how the system can contact you and stop messages at any point. All messages are provided without charge to you.
- Review local Neighbourhood Watch alerts: You will be able to review intelligence reports that other Neighbourhood Watch members have posted to the system that are relevant to your area. You can also choose to add reports and intelligence to this system.
Information required: (Your details)
You will be asked for your title, name, address, role and the area that you deal with, various telephone numbers and an email address. If you choose to receive alerts you will be asked to detail when you would like to receive them and how. Not all of this information is compulsory but the more information you give, the better we will be able to provide you with relevant and up to date information. We will verify your email address by sending a message that you have to click on.
We will also verify your postal address by writing to you within a few days with an activation code that you will be required to enter when you log in. You are only able to gain full access to this service if you live within our coverage area: Nottingham City. If you would like a facility like this and live outside of Nottingham City please contact VISAV Limited for information about systems in your area. It is very important that `Your details` are regularly checked and kept up to date, please be assured that your details are kept on secure server.
Data Controllers and access
`Your Details` will be, by default, available to the `Site Administrators` who are: Neighbourhood Watch (as defined by the Home office recommended structure for the UK and represented at Nottingham City level by the City of Nottingham Neighbourhood Watch Council (CNNWC), Nottinghamshire Police and VISAV Limited.
VISAV Limited, the provider of this website, has access to all information submitted to the site, and as such, acknowledges that it may not use any personal information that you provide for any purpose other than in order to support the website. Each Site Administrator and any Licenced Information Provider that you may subscribe to via this system in the future has signed an Information provider Licence and has a nominated Data Controller registered with the Information Commissioners Office in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. VISAV act as Data Processors on behalf of The Site Administrators and Information Providers.
VISAV Limited will, on behalf of the Site Administraotrs and Information Providers, lawfully and securely administrate all personal details submitted to this website. It will not divulge any personal details that you provide to any of its partners or any other body or individual without your permission, unless it is essential to do so for the purpose of detecting or preventing crime, or if this is in the interests of public safety.
Your permission to share your data with each Information Provider can be given and withdrawn by calling VISAV Limited on 0115 9245517, emailling email@example.com or instantly by ticking/un-ticking the Information Providers name in your message settings area.
How we will use your details
The `Site Administrators` will use your data for the following reasons and not for any other purpose:
- The prevention and increased detection of crime and reduction of fear of crime
- Manage and maintain a secure database and mailing list
- Send Neighbourhood Alert: community safety messages and communications at the times you specify, from: The Nottingham Park Estate Limited, Nottinghamshire Police and Neighbourhood Watch. Other Information Providers will, in the future be available to subscribe to but information will not be shared or disclosed to them that would enable any third party to identify you.
- Provide information about the Neighbourhood watch activities, meetings and events.
- Identify NW Co-ordinators as prospective members of the Council of the Association.
- Contact NW Co-ordinators with a view to forming NW Associations or schemes.
- Contact NW Co-ordinators so that Co-ordinators will be able to participate in CNNWC, local NW Association or Nottingham Park Estate business or elections.
- Together with NW Associations, NW Schemes, the Police and the Crime and Drugs Partnership, generate a sustainability strategy for NW Schemes in the City.
- Represent NW Schemes in the City on regional and national bodies.
- Present an annual award to honour outstanding NW Co-ordinators in the City.
Not to be disclosed
The `Site Administrators` have undertaken to keep all personal details held by them securely and not to provide these details to any unauthorised individuals. The `Site Administrators` of the site will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that you share from unauthorised access or disclosure.
Virtual Scheme discussion areas
While the administrators and moderators of this website will remove any objectionable material as quickly as possible, however it is not possible to review every message. If you should see material that you find unacceptable, please contact the administrator via this link firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Scheme discussion area posting Conditions
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually oriented or any other material that may contravene any laws or is likely to cause offence or distress to other users. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from this system. You agree that the administrator and moderators of this website have the right to remove, or close any topic/message at any time should they see fit. The IP address of all messages is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. Any unlawful breach of use of the website may result in legal action being taken against you.