Crime and policing update for Corby Town which includes: Danesholme, Exeter, Great Oakley, Kingswood and Oakley Vale wards
Incidents of note reported since your last update
- Properties were broken into in Bergen Walk, Dorking Walk and Baltic Close where an attempt was also made to break into a second property between Wednesday 27 June and Monday 2 July.
- Vehicles were stolen from Eastbrook ,Tavistock Square and Robin Road between Wednesday 27and Friday 29 June. One vehicle has been recovered.
- Vehicles were broken into in Gainsborough Road, Baltic Close and Catchland Close between Sunday 1 and Tuesday 3 July.
- Diesel was siphoned from four vehicles at a business premises in South Folds Road overnight on Tuesday 26 June.
- Sheds were broken into in Blenheim Walk and Lavender Close between Monday 25 June and Tuesday 3 July.
- Garages in Outfield Close and Spalding Road were broken into between Sunday 1 and Monday 2 July.
A burglary took place in Wroe Close, Corby, sometime between 10pm on Sunday, 1 July and 8am on Monday 2 July. Read more
News in brief
A total of 93 people were arrested across the county during a month long crack down on drink drivers. A focused crackdown was undertaken by officers during the month of June which saw the country force policing a number of major events including the Queens Jubilee celebrations, Euro 2012 games and Moto GP. Click here
Officers are reminding residents not to leave an open invitation for burglars by leaving their homes insecure. Traditionally July sees an increase in insecure burglaries due to people leaving their windows open or doors unlocked as a result of warmer weather and outdoor activities. Read more
Northamptonshire Police is ahead of schedule in making the savings required by Government, according to a new HMIC report. Read more
If you are travelling to Silverstone for the British Grand Prix, please leave any valuables at home if you don’t need to bring them to the event. Read more