Thursday 30th November, officers from your Safer Neighbourhood Team executed a drugs warrant at a property on Marisco Close, Boulton Moor, Derby.
Working on intelligence from our community regarding a possible cannabis cultivation grow at a location entry was forced into the premises and an individual arrested.
A large-scale cannabis grow with a street value close to half a million pounds worth was discovered. The electricity to the property had been bypassed from a different location but has been made safe,
Sgt Nizzer said " A lot of hard work has gone into planning this warrant. This is one of the biggest cultivation grows found in South Derbyshire. This was clearly funded for criminality purposes only, as they did not care about the dangerous fire hazard situation they could have put the other residents in".
Here are some signs that a cannabis grow may be in your area:
• A powerful distinctive sweet, sickly aroma
• Frequent visitors throughout the day and night;
• Blacked out windows;
• Chinks of bright light throughout the night;
• Birds gathering on the roof, particularly in cold weather;
• In winter, snow melting unusually quickly on the roof;
• High levels of condensation on windows;
• Noise from fans;
• Large amounts of rubbish, including compost bags; and
• Electricity meter being tampered with/altered and new cabling, sometimes leading to street lighting.
If you think criminals are operating in your community then contact us using any of the below methods:
• Twitter – direct message our contact centre on @DerPolContact
• Website – complete the online contact form www.derbyshire.police.uk/ContactUs.
• Phone – call us on 101.
You can also anonymously contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, on 0800 555 111 or by visiting www.crimes